[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

AC wanted

Posted by on Mon, Jun 22 2015 at 11:58 AM CDT:

HELP WANTED: ASSISTANCE CAMERA (AC) PERSON WHO LOVES HIKING AND CAMPING

This is for an AC to help the director of photography / cinematographer for a feature length live action romantic comedy shot mainly outdoors.

We need someone who lives in the Hudson Valley and who has a car. Ideally you live between Newburgh and Woodstock.

The movie is both interesting and challenging to shoot for a number of reasons. It has an unusually high number of locations, mostly outdoors and on hiking trails.

We'll be going on about 10 separate day hikes to isolated locations where jeeps and pack animals cannot go.

The director and DP need help creating a high quality movie with a minimum crew and equipment. The equipment has to be light enough to be carried on our backs.
For the right mood, we need to film in the actual locations. (If you want to film "The African Queen" you actually want to shoot in Africa.)

We will shoot mostly in the Hudson Valley, but in mid-September go the Baxter State Park in Maine for about a week -where we will sleep in separate tents. One day we will hike 4000 feet up to the summit of Mt. Katahdin.

We will not be shooting with the creature comforts of NYC. We (the cast and crew) cannot expect catered meals at lunch time. We will have to carry our own food, water and toilet paper. And will each carry some of the recording equipment.

The working conditions will be slightly easier than what's experienced by long distance hikers on the Appalachian Trail - because we will not have to carry our overnight camping gear and not have to carry our food for dinner and breakfast.

While we cannot afford to pay people more that about $10/hour, but we can offer you and the main cast and crew free ownership in the film company - so you can share in the profits.
I now own 99.9% of the film company and I'm willing to give 49% of my share to the major workers when the film is done.

There will be no health insurance or any other benefit not required by law.

I have a Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K (EF Mount) and Canon EF 16-35mm and 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM zoom lenses. Since we will be using natural lighting, we need the ability of doing really good color grading in post. So I want to record with up to 12 stops of dynamic range - which my Blackmagic camera can do. If you own a better camera, you can use it if you don't mind carrying it in your backpack.

Please email me if you want additional details.

Celestial Experience (celestial.experience.prod@gmail.com)

Also, please send links to your sample reels.

Kerry Borchardt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]