June 24-26 2011 at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
· To date we have 16 Turners and a special guest, and a 1963 Fairthorpe Electron Minor Mk II planning on attending the 2011 Turner USA reunion, including Sharon Adelman's ex - Ron Kistler Mk III # 65/628 The goal is to get 20 Turners at the reunion
In an attempt to make things a little easier for our long haul Turner owners, I have taken the actions to reserve a block of 12 rooms at the COMFORT INN PHONE # 419 886 4000 - Tell them you are with the Turner Reunion to get one of the reserved rooms. The rooms have 2 queen beds - you can also make reservations on your own - though the hotels in area tend to fill up quickly, so book a place soon.
· It is reality now - get ready to fly the Turner flag high , The St George Trophy Sprint race will be the site where Turner takes on MG! I will have the Jack Turner Cup presented to the highest placed Turner, the St.George Trophy for the overall St George Trophy Sprint race winner, and my good friends at MG Vintage Racers ( MGVR ) will offer a cup to the MG exemplifying the vintage spirit. The chatter is starting to brew between the MG/Abingdon bunch and some of our Turner/Wolverhampton gang, so bragging rights are seemingly on the table, though the event is all in fun, so get ready to join in a unique experience in this special race event.
· I have reserved a nice room in Mid Ohio's main tower for the Saturday presentations, looks like we will be in for a treat, as Mr. Art Brow will do a short narration about the '59 Put In Bay race - as mentioned in the Jan update, we will watch actual color race footage from '59 and hear from Art about the events as they unfold. Then our own fellow Turner club member, Mr. Jay Carano and Mr. Mike Velemirov, who raced and won a regional championship in his Turner 950S # 30/203 in the 60s will speak about their experiences, when Turners were new and making a name for themselves on road and track. I can only state what a great opportunity to talk to and ask questions to the guys that helped make Turner history. The presentation is expected to be approx one to one and a half hours in length.
· Remember to bring along a bottle of wine, beer, or food item that represents the part of the country you come from and join us under the Turner HQ Tent on Friday night after the racing is done for a get together, and sample the treats from across the US! I suppose for the Turner racers, they will want to count calories, so as to be as light as possible for the Turner / MG Challenge - oh well, more snacks for us street Turner drivers!!
· The Turner Group photo – will happen, and copies will be available at cost to all Turner owners. A copy will be presented to Mr. Jack Turner and our Turner Register, Mr. Russell Filby, both who have done so much for our great marque.
· I received only a few ( 3 ) email confirmations showing interest among this group of having a nice informal lunch on Saturday – this would occur in the Turner HQ tent which sounds fancier then it really is -( my 20ft X 20ft race tent ) - Send me an email with your interest on this + any other things you have questions on. If there is not enough interest by April, we will table this idea.
· Still to be confirmed in mid-March from our hosts SVRA, important clarification on driver equipment requirements, such as Hans Devices, Driver Suit rating etc, stay tuned – as SVRA will get confirmation on these points and direction on a possible one time exemption – I will get you all an email ( in middle of March ) detailing driver equipment standards etc,for the Mid Ohio race.
Post a Followup