To the Turner Gang-
When = JUNE 23-26 2011
Where = Mid Ohio Sports car Course
Host Race Club = SVRA ( checkout their website SVRA.com for soon to be released entry forms )
Updates for Jan
· To date we have 15 Turners planning on attending the 2011 Turner USA reunion, including Greg Kozuhowski’s, ex-Fred Leib # 80 Turner 950S that ran at Sebring. This is a great start to our 2011 Reunion. Lets try to get 20 Turners at the reunion
· The special race that I am planning has taken a turn, the New Format will be a challenge between David and Goliath type manufactures, our Turners vs the MG Car company! The St George Trophy Sprint race will be the site where Turner takes on MG! Get ready to defend the honour of Turner and Wolverhamton against the might of Abington. Remember the highest placing Turner in the St George Trophy Sprint will claim the honor of being the 1st ever Jack Turner Cup.
· In addition, the Saturday presentations that I am arranging are falling into place, expect some great tales from period Turner racers and Mr. Jay Carano + period pictures and period 8mm race footage ( converted to DVD ) for out viewing enjoyment. What a great opportunity to talk to and ask questions to the guys that helped make Turner history.
· Since we will be having Turner enthusiasts coming from all over the USA – I want to propose a great idea that I am taking from the MG vintage racer group, which is to encourage each Turner owner to bring a bottle of wine, beer, or food item that represents the part of the country they come from. Then on Friday evening, we will have an informal gathering and share the treats , meet each other and telltales about how quick we are on the race circuit!
· Still to be arranged is the Turner Group photo – be assured this will happen, and copies will be available at cost to all Turner owners.
· Just Announced – the race weekend will have as honoured guest, Mr. Brian Redman, yes the same man who drove for John Wyer Gulf Ford and Gulf Porsche, SEFAC Ferrari, Group 44 Jaguar BMW Motorsport GMBH Proteus Aston Martin , McLaren Racing - F1 Cooper Car Company - F1 UOP Shadow - F1 BRM - F1 Chevron Chaparral Lola F5000 and won the following Championships: 1974, 1975, 1976 U.S. Formula 5000 Champion in the Haas/Hall Lola T330/332 1981 IMSA Camel GT Champion, Lola T600 GTP 1970 South African Springbok Champion. Chevron B16/Spyder.
· In closing, I want to gauge interest among this group on the interest of having a nice informal lunch on Saturday – this would occur in the Turner HQ tent which sounds fancier then it really is -( my 20ft X 20ft race tent ) - Send me an email with your interest on this + any other things you have questions on.
· Several Turner racers asked me to get clarification on driver equipment requirements, such as Hans Devices, Driver Suit rating etc, stay tuned – as SVRA will get confirmation on these points and direction on a possible one time exemption – I will get you all an email ( in early March ) detailing driver equipment standards for the Mid Ohio race.
All the best,
Post a Followup