[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Saw Billion Dollar Brain

Posted by Gaz on January 15, 2006 at 18:04:35:

In Reply to: NFT Palmer on big screen in London any good? posted by Kees Stam on January 13, 2006 at 18:46:01:

Saw BDB on NTF3 tonight. I was told over the phone that 3 was the smallest screen but it turned out to be bigger than screen 2 (I snuck my head around the door and caught the end of Funeral In Berlin.)

In fact, it was a pretty whopping screen and I was too close but it was a blast to catch what must be a pretty rare showing of the film. The print was rough in places, a few jumps here and there but the quality of the film itself wins through. It is a much under-rated picture.

Ken Russell with his trade mark flamboyant use of music, terrific pacing and an undefinable edge amongst the humour. In fact, it is a pity NFT won't show it on screen one. That privilege has been reserved for The Ipcress File (with a new print) which arguably lacks the true need to be on the biggest screen. BDB with its beautiful snowbound vistas cries out for the top spot. Still, I was pleased with the screen I saw it on. The only downside was a couple of chuckleheads behind me, but that's cinema!

Billion Dollar Brain is showing again next sunday. Catch it if you can.

I also regretted not catching ZULU in this season.

Gaz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]