[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Won't Stop Flying

Posted by Karin on Thu, Feb 20 2014 at 01:53 PM CST:

My new (about 8 weeks old) green cheek won't stop flying even with his wings clipped (after seeing this the petshop clipped a bit more). This is a major problem because we have all these wonderful playstands, playtop cage, etc. and would love to have him out and be involved with the family but it is very dangerous - especially while cooking. He wants to be outside playing all day long but unless he's flat on the ground, he will be airborne in no time at all. I'm not sure if he's fearless or dopey but he thinks nothing of smashing into everything and flapping his wings after landing (further hurting himself). He even flies in his cage rather than climbing up the bars or moving from one side of the perch to the other. On the plus side, he's very gentle, and wants to be outside the cage whenever he can (refuses to step down when I try to put him back). I've had numerous parrots as a kid (larger birds) but never a green cheek and I none of them preferred flying to perching, climbing, walking around. Any ideas?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]