[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

death of my greencheek:(

Posted by on Wed, Jan 22 2014 at 05:07 PM CST:

a year ago I rescued a greencheek from a not so great pet store. Didn't have much info on it - bought our a not so reputable breeder that left the state. thought it was very young when they got it but in their store 1 1/2 yra. The poor thing was in a much too small cage - no toys being fed larger parrot food. I couldn't just leave him there. Had our vet check it & in good health. Last night our little sweetheart died without any sign of illness. Had been wanting to sleep by it's cuddle hood for a couple of days & didn't really want too step up. fluttered down from cage and just lay there but breathing. I held him for awhile and thought he was snapping to but gave a big shudder and died. Of course I'm heart broken but wonder if anyone can think what might have happened. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that he ate or could of gotten into (I have a separate room for my birds) Any thought or advice would be appreciated - I'ld like to get another but a hesitant in case it was something I did wrong. Only thing I can think of is I'm pretty sure he was really a she (no DNA was done)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]