[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Terror

Posted by on Fri, Dec 27 2013 at 12:51 AM CST:

In Reply to: Terror posted by Andrew on Wed, Sep 04 2013 at 03:45 PM CDT:

: Hello once again. A huge THANKS to everyone who's helped in the past! We recently acquired a second bird, a pineapple green cheek. She is awesome, and when we got her she was curious about EVERYTHING! There literally was nothing she wouldn't taste or touch. Until one day... I had gotten a flashlight out to check on something behind my washing machine, and as soon as I turned it on, Kali (her name) screamed and flew away in terror. I quickly retrieved her and comforted her but I guess the damage was done. Now , instead of curiosity, she shows only fear of EVERYTHING! I don't know what about that flashlight scared her so bad, but why is she now so afraid? And how do I return her to the cute, curious bird I once knew? Thank you for any insight!

If you shined the light at her eyes it probably made her temporarily blind which would scare anyone. I would try turning the flashlight on, possibly w a lower wattage bulb or removing some of the LED bulbs, and leaving it somewhere she can go up to it once she gets brave enough. Once she realizes it won't hurt her, and she has had the chance to investigate on own terms and own pace, it should help. But it may have been something other than the flashlight. Could something have run out from behind the freezer? Was she close enough that she may have been bumped by the freezer when it moved? I guess I would try to think of any possible thing that could have scared her so you know what needs to be demystified first.
Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]