[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: excessive biting while being held

Posted by on Tue, Nov 26 2013 at 05:26 PM CST:

In Reply to: excessive biting while being held posted by Carletta on Sun, Nov 03 2013 at 11:43 AM CST:

I'm sorry no one has responded to your post. There could be many reasons. How old is your bird? Maybe he/she has reached maturity, or it's mating season. Taco, my GCC is aggressive toward me this time of year...she has chosen my husband as her mate and doesn't want me around. After a couple months, she calms down and all is well. Sometimes, birds just need their space to be alone. I find myself "going toward" Taco to "get" her on my finger. I get bit. Instead, I have to be patient and let her come to me when she's ready. Sometimes it doesn't happen and she doesn't want to be held or played with. She just wants to "be" and sit on top of her cage and look outside. Give Kiwi some space and be patient. Remember that birds are still wild animals and we have to respect that fact about them. I hope things work out for you. There are some great articles on the net about parrot behavior and how we need to work with them in our relationships.

: Kiwi has never been so agressive as now. Why after almost two years is this conjure biting all of the time? Does not want to play as before, just acts mean and bites all of the time?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]