[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Help me keep my bird

Posted by on Sat, Jul 13 2013 at 01:51 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: Help me keep my bird posted by Nancy on Tue, Dec 11 2012 at 05:33 PM CST:

Just a follow up if anyone is interested. We moved Taco to the kitchen/dining room in front of a set of windows so she can see outside. I've established a new routine including eating breakfast on the edge of my plate/bowl every morning and sharing my lunch with me, to special time on the back porch to enjoy the great outdoors (in the cage supervised). I've also started putting her to bed around 8:00 each night in a quiet dark place so she can have 10-12 hrs of sleep and quiet time. So far, it's been much better. I'm going to take a clicker class so I can work on her screeching, in preparation for the colder months when she can't be outside on the back porch. So, all is well and I'm much relieved. I had actually turned in the paperwork to the bird rescue until my husband said,"no one will take as good of care of Taco as we do". It just about broke my heart. I didn't think he much cared...but he does. Thanks all for your suggestions.

: That would cause a problem with the husband. Taco would have to be in our bedroom...alone and away from everyone. So far, things have been better since my first post. After I had a good cry and told the hubby that the only choice was to give him to the rescue, he's been more tolerant. I don't think he wants Taco to go either. Things have been better. Thanks for the suggestion. She is on my shoulder right now asking to be loved on. :-) Actually she just put her foot on my ear and is nibbling! :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]