[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: HELP!! MY NEWLY GREEN CHERK ADOPTED BABY IS COMING HOME SATURADY ! ANY ADVICE

Posted by on Sat, Jul 13 2013 at 01:41 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: HELP!! MY NEWLY GREEN CHERK ADOPTED BABY IS COMING HOME SATURADY ! ANY ADVICE posted by Stephanie on Sat, Jun 29 2013 at 01:23 PM CDT:

Hi Angela!
I hope you're enjoying your new bird. I also have a yellow sided GGC named Taco. I've had her for 12 years now, but felt the same way you do about getting a new bird. As the last person said, be patient. You're a "bird Mom" now! Taco and I have certain daily routines that she seems to look forward to: eating breakfast and lunch with me, special time with me out of the cage before she goes to bed, and special games we like to play together. Remember that birds have their own personalities that change from day to day. They might be affectionate one day, but nippy and want to be left alone on other days. Give them the right to be themselves. You'll have many happy years to come with your new bird. Keep us posted!

: Hi Angela,
: I previously had a GCC that I rescued and had no idea of his age. He passed away a couple of months ago and I was so sad that I got another one, a 6 month old baby. I was a little lost as to what to do because they were so different.
: What I did do for the first day was leave her alone. I let her get used to her cage and environment. I'd talk to her but didn't try to take her out. The next few days I went easy with her and let her come out on her own and only kept her out for 10 or 15 minutes at a time. I'd walk her around the house, let her take it in, just get used to everything.
: It's been 8 weeks now and she's running the house.
: I think patience is the best thing to start. The two of you will get used to each other and things will fall into place.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]