[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Advice about 6 month old

Posted by on Sun, May 05 2013 at 04:13 PM CDT:

Hi All!
Here's my story. Six years ago my neighbor was evicted and abandoned his Green Cheek. I took him in (he was near death) without a clue what to do. I didn't really want him, I have a cat, and didn't know what to do with him. Well, we muddled along and I found this board a great pet store and all was well. I had no idea how old he was. On Friday, he wasn't acting quite right and by evening he passed. My heart is broken and I am devastated.
This morning I went to the pet shop where I bought his food and there was a six month old GCC that someone returned due to allergies. I couldn't resist and brought her home.
Now my question. When I got Buddy six years ago he ate everything I gave him, I think because he had just been so hungry. Now that I have Minnie, I want to make sure that she has a well balanced and varied diet as well. I put the pellets in the cage, an avi-cake, a spoonful of sunflower seeds and a fresh strawberry. It's been four hours since I brought her home and she hasn't eaten, drank any water, pooped, or made any sound. I want to leave her alone for the first couple of days to give her a chance to calm down and get acclimated.
Any advice that anyone can give me on what to do about food and contact would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. She's very good when being handled, allowed me to pet her and doesn't bite.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]