[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Jewel thief

Posted by on Thu, Mar 28 2013 at 08:01 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Jewel thief posted by Jennifer on Thu, Mar 21 2013 at 04:19 PM CDT:

I think this is very common. I have found that using the same command "No bites" works well, for not only the nipping, but my jewlery aswell! Kiwi is now 5, so she knows what no bites means, enough that she will repeate it to me when I say it, or after she tries to nip me. If that doesn't work, I will shake, try to knock her off balance while saying "no bites". If these don't work, I do exactly what you did, she gets a time out in her cage. Putting them on the floor for a min (of course while supervised) can be a good time out too, being on the floor makes them really uncomfortable, and there aren't the fun toys that are in their cage to distract them from the fact that they are on time out. Hope this helps :)

: Hello, I'm a new bird owner, never had a bird before and I got Grace two weeks ago, she is 4 months old and I adore her, she is a little nippy and can be moody but she loves cuddles, she does however love my jewellery and bites my necklace and rings and she broke my earring today which I had to wrestle away from her when she pulled it off. She's now back in her cage all grumpy and I'm ignoring her. What's the best way to stop this behaviour?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]