[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Bird not happy with noises

Posted by on Mon, Dec 03 2012 at 06:43 PM CST:

I just got this bird about a month ago. It's a nice bird at times and can be nippy, but I expected that for a young green cheek.

But he starts screeching when ever we turn on the TV, music, heater, water, or anything that makes any amount of noise. The TV and music aren't turned on loud or anything. We tried covering him up when ever he gets really bad but this only helps for a short time before he starts up again. Even when we have him out on his play ground he starts screeching when ever noise starts up. We thought he would at least would be used to the heater by now. He is not getting used to any noises.

We are starting to expect this bird was not raised at home like the breeder said. It was probably raised at a pet store where none of these noises are normal for the bird. It also learned that it was okay to screech from other birds in the store to get attention. I never saw a green cheek be this noisy before. I knew that they can have their moments when you leave the room.. but nothing like this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]