[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Cage size for single GCC

Posted by on Sat, Oct 06 2012 at 10:37 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Cage size for single GCC posted by Tom on Sun, Jul 22 2012 at 03:22 PM CDT:

When I got my GCC I used my cockatiel cage 22" X 18" X 28" and after 2 weeks I saw a great cage that is 38.25" L X 38.25" W X 65" H for $215 on the Petco website. They call it the "Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage" if you go to their website you will see it. It has a playpen on top which is why it is so tall.

I went to the local store and they had it in stock and matched the online price (It's $299 at the store)

I have 6 perches in the cage (varying from 1 rope perch,2 natural branches,2 Cockatiel perches, and 1 parakeet perch)

I have numerous toys most marked as "foraging" toys but his favorite is this wood square that resembles an abacus. It has 3 rows of slideable objects he can chew on and move back and forth.

He's never been happier. Outside cage time, when not with me, consists of constant climbing down the back of the cage to the floor...picking up food thrown out the night before, and then climbing back up the front of the cage to the top again.

It's a great cage and I'm so glad I bought it.

P.S. It's really big...make sure you measure and have a place to put it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]