[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Behaviour or symptom?

Posted by on Sun, Sep 02 2012 at 03:37 PM CDT:

My year-old male has had a couple of recent episodes where he "floor flaps" wildly around the house or in whatever space we're in for a while and then comes to a stop trembling and panting, claws clenched on whatever surface he's on. This behaviour has been triggered by a familier noise that may be louder than usual - i.e., small planes on the runway behind our property or a mob of crows cawing outside the sunporch window.

At first, I thought he was just being silly and wanting to fly with the outside world but now I'm not so sure. When I pick him up after the episode, his heart is pounding and body is tense. I cuddle and talk to him and he slowly calms down. After that, he's quieter than usual for a time.

I've been wondering if this could be a mild seizure. It's happened four times in the past two months.

Incidentally, this little guy is precociously curious and clever. He's turned into different sounds - i.e., he'll go between a door and wall to listen to his muted vocalizing and pecks on different surfaces seeming to listen to the different sounds. I encourage him to explore his world under my supervision but let him figure his way out of tight spots.

Any thoughts, please.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]