[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Cage size for single GCC

Posted by Karen on Mon, Jul 23 2012 at 10:37 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: Cage size for single GCC posted by Deborah on Mon, Jul 23 2012 at 05:10 PM CDT:

My GCC has a 24x17" cage but is only in it for sleeping. If your GCC will be in the cage for long periods you might want something larger. One thing with conures is they seem to be very reluctant to poop near their nest. If the cage is too small, your bird may try to 'hold' until it is let out, and that isn't healthy (overnight is fine but not during the day). That's apart from the need for room to play and exercise.
You should look for cages with 1/2" or 5/8" spacing - it should not be too hard to find a wide variety of cages.
My linnie has an HQ flight cage - 32x21" (because I actually put him in the cage some of the time) and I can't say enough good things about this cage. It's a big, sturdy, quality cage and a very good deal. AE makes a nearly identical flight cage as well, but it only has one door and I like the 2 doors on the HQ. If I ever decide to get a new cage for my GCC I will probably get another HQ flight cage.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]