[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Green Cheek Diet- Help Please!

Posted by on Sat, Jul 14 2012 at 02:30 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Green Cheek Diet- Help Please! posted by Lauren A. on Thu, Jul 12 2012 at 07:43 PM CDT:

: I bought a 5 month old GCC from Petsmart. I was told to buy "Kaytee Fiesta for Conures" for him to eat. He eats it without a problem. I just want to make sure it is nutritional for him to eat it or should I buy something else? Also, he won't eat any fresh fruits or veggies. I tried banana, apple, broccoli and carrots. Any help would be appreciated!

I would not use Kaytee products as I think they are poor quality. My GCC is 13 years old and seems very healthy. I feed her Roudybush Maintenance Pellets supplemented by Avicakes and fresh fruit. I think Roudybush and Harrison's are considered the best daily pellets. To get your bird to like fresh fruit try blueberries or grapes. My bird seems to love them. She also like apples and mango. You might also try dried fruit, and if you do don't be surprised if your bird puts the dried fruit in her water dish, as they like to do that. Hope that helps!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]