[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

How to train 3 adopted sibling GCC

Posted by on Wed, May 30 2012 at 09:32 PM CDT:

Hello all, i have just been adopted by 3 beautiful and well mannered 5 month old GCC 3 days ago
They are quite comfortable already, I have spent a min of 3 hours (split) a day handling them (together)and I am ready to start training.
Her is my question, do I have to train them individually to avoid confusion with rewards or is there a way to train them together. I would like to start training them (possibly with a clicker ) as soon as possible
As you  can imagine it is impossible for me to reward good behavior( if I use a clicker or any other sound/ tool or treat ) of each bird at the exact same time , also the clickers are quite loud, so for individual training I would have to distance myself quite a bit .
For now( last 3 days) they get quite anxious when separated, however if I keep the close to each other I am able to hand feed them and have them step up calmly, also they are completely comfortable being around me (very closed , standing sitting, face to beak) when we sit on the floor feeding talking etc
I would love help or suggestions from anyone out there who has resolved similar dilemma.
Thank you so much, I really want them to be happy, calm , social and well adjusted so I believe I must act fast.
Blessing, Kasia from Toronto

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]