[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: My green cheek doesn't know how to play

Posted by Karen on Wed, May 23 2012 at 10:39 PM CDT:

In Reply to: My green cheek doesn't know how to play posted by Lynn on Mon, May 21 2012 at 04:27 PM CDT:

That IS normal behavior but you are right in that you want her to learn to play and entertain herself when you can't be there. You don't want her to overbond to you.
As for toys, you can try other types of toys. Just because a toy looks good to you doesn't mean your GCC will like it. Try smaller toys. Try choosing some toys that she can destroy easily - ones with balsa wood, popsicle sticks, palm leaf, ect. My GCC prefers balsa wood - enough so that I buy it in larger pieces at the craft store and make my own toys rather than buy them. Fresh branches with bark that they can peel make a great combo perch and toy as well (apple, maple, birch, and many other common trees are safe for perches).
Also try offering a small toy bowl in the cage with some little foot toys. This can include store bought foot toys, large beads, raw pasta, pieces of balsa wood, cat toys, or other small items she can safely play with or chew up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]