[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

10wk old GCC being flown in tomm.

Posted by on Tue, Apr 10 2012 at 05:21 PM CDT:

After the unexpected death of Daisy, we found a dear friend who wanted to give us a newly weaned green cheek conure to fill the hole that was left. And I can't say that I haven't been "happy dancing" all day, as we go to pick he/she up at the airport tommorrow. It will be either 8-9wks or 9-10wks old, he seems to think the one he just weaned from handfeeding a week ago would be a better choice as it had been handled more frequently. He's going to clip the wings for me as well, and the flight should be no longer than 3-4hrs. What I want to know is how to go about bringing this little wee one home under the best possible conditions that I can. I know that it will be scared, and I want to do as much right for it that I possibly can. Can anyone who has been in a similar situation give me any advice as to how to go about making her transition to our home as painless as possible. Also, being as young as he or she is,(i'll just use she until I meet her)is a good thing isn't it, as far as bonding and training and getting to know each other is concerned? I've gone through all of the FAQ, made alot of notes and look forward to posting a very positive experience and outcome for tommorrow. Thanks everyone.
Trace

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]