[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: My GCC has started to attack my girlfriend.

Posted by Deborah on March 09, 2012 at 18:54:23:

In Reply to: My GCC has started to attack my girlfriend. posted by Aaron on March 08, 2012 at 22:14:47:

That's the same age my bird is and he's just starting to settle down after having been a holy terror every time I traveled. He would attack and bite me for about a week everything I was away from home for more than 2 nights.

How long have you been in the new place?

I'd suggest reading the back posts on biting here, there are a lot of different suggestions scattered through the threads. You may also want to check in with a higher traffic forum to get a variety of input -- I've suggested a few on recent threads.

When one person is favored by a bird, sometimes it works to have the less-favored person be the bearer of all good things -- bring food, let out of cage, etc.

If he's fine for ten minutes then attacks, it's possible he's getting over-stimulated somehow. She should avoid petting him anywhere other than on his head, and should end the interaction on a good note, before he bites. It's entirely possible he thinks this is an expected part of the interaction and finds it fun to cause her to react...

You might want to consider limiting his flight if it becomes a problem to the extent that she no longer feels safe, at least until the problem has been resolved.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]