[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: New Conure

Posted by Deborah on February 22, 2012 at 00:36:35:

In Reply to: Re: New Conure posted by cdog on February 21, 2012 at 23:13:54:

Don't suppose this was in Southern California, I've been staring at a little GCC in Petsmart for several months and that bird apparently went home recently. It was a cinnamon mutation with a tail that had gotten quite ratty from being in a small cage in the back and it was just molting out to look normal. This bird was kind of shy and liked to hang out on the back of the cage where she could peer through the behind-the-cages area to watch the budgies. But it got to the point where it would come over and make faces with me and stuff when I came by. That would be too weird, but I'm hoping that bird got a good home.

At the big pet stores they don't get a lot of handling, but she may come around pretty quickly. My guy came from a similar situation, except he was 11 months old and had been at the store for many months. He's turned out just great, and he came around pretty quickly.

Try not to force the bird, find something she likes for a treat, and try to let her make the decision to spend time with you. With a very shy bird, some people recommend just sitting and talking to them a lot at first, don't insist they come out. The toys may take some time. Did you get to take any of the ones that were in the cage with her?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]