[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Adjustment period?

Posted by on February 12, 2012 at 11:13:17:

In Reply to: Re: Adjustment period? posted by Deborah on February 11, 2012 at 20:34:03:

I am not sure how to reply on this board? She was hand raised from a baby at a wonderful parrot specialty store. she did have a sister who she was caged with and out all day on a play stand. They told me they were both a little "shy", but I handled her for a couple of weeks before I brought her home. Guess I just have to be patient.

: Whoops, sorry for the blank response. Where was she before she was with you? 9 months is getting close to an adult and if she hasn't been handled a lot recently (from a large chain petstore for example) she make take a while to "re-tame". So I'd suggest going slowly and don't be afraid to find a favorite treat and use plenty of rewards!

: Aside from that, birds do vary a lot. Scooter was 11 months old and had spent most of his life in a petstore when we got him, but he was pretty well settled in within a couple of weeks.

: Our bigger parrot took 6 months to even start to warm up and at 2 years since we got him (he was about 4 years old, we think, so now about 6) he's still getting rowdier and more affectionate.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]