[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: she 'steps up' but cant get her off my shoulder

Posted by on January 31, 2012 at 13:17:55:

In Reply to: Re: she 'steps up' but cant get her off my shoulder posted by Deborah on January 31, 2012 at 12:49:34:

I totally agree with Deborah. I had the same problem. I then did not let my little girl on my shoulder for awhile. Every time she went there I said no. and put her down on my chest. She finally got it and I became the boss lady: the MOMMY If you dont set boundries when YOU want something you will hve a lot of trouble. They are so cute: but they need to understand the word no. When YOU are the boss of the flock: you can allow her on your shoulder. It only took me a week or two to establish that. We are so in love with her, and she is pretty spoiled, but I do things like pput her in her cage when I am home for a little while every once in awhile: just so she remembers she cannot do EVERYTHING she wants. Now she is sooooo sweet and has learned so much easier: she knows 20 plus tricks: but understands the word no. NO BEAK when she beaked and then wait a second and say are you sorry and get a soft kiss. Now she starts to beak: I say no beak: easy and she doesnt beak. They want to please: you have to let her know. With tons of love: but when I say no: It might save her life someday. I use Stay lap or stay finger or stay perch etc. As soon as she stayed: treat. Huggy etc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]