[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Brought baby home today&worried

Posted by on January 28, 2012 at 21:24:44:

In Reply to: Re: Brought baby home today&worried posted by Tracie on January 09, 2012 at 08:03:25:

Be so patient and just assume all is well:
Hi All, I have never posted here before, BUT want to let you know that I bought my baby girl about a year ago: JUST from the pet store. she was about 4 mos. she knew Nothing and was so timid the same way. NOW she says a couple of words and KNOWS about 25 tricks. She is super. I never had birds, just dogs(none now) and taught school. I dont worry about much, she goes in with us and outside with us. She is potty trained(almost)ON COMMAND for sure. She loves to go bye bye in the car. I think most worry too much. She is almost a year and a half and has been in hot and been in cold. Just like kids: if she is cold: I let her in my jacket or ? she like to bath in ICE water so much more than regular water. Relax and enjoy. When she was not nice: I FROWNED and said I dont like that. Easy wait a second and say are you sorry and give her a kiss. Worked for me. IF she favored one of us: That one took her and put her in the bathroom(just for a second) on the floor and the other went in to RESCUE: works and have the one she is not favoring: hold her more and give the favorite treat. WORKS ENJOY!! If she pottys on us: I would say: NO POTTY and frown and if she beaked too hard: I would say NO BEAK; I dont like beak and scold and frown and just look and wait and then say : are you sorry and say kiss kiss: NOW she looks and say sss has a lisp and cant say kiss: but knows if she has done wrong and wants the kiss. Just relax and treat her like you would want to be treated. BUT you are the boss and need ot persist and act like you know you will be loved. Dont assume neg: just be happy and excited with the good and frown and be still with the bad stuff and forgive right away. and go on. She will try to please , but is still a BABY dont forget. NO grudges and dont give in: keep it up and you will be so happy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]