[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Brought baby home today&worried

Posted by on January 08, 2012 at 20:59:11:

Hello everyone, I can't tell you how happy me and my four year old daughter are to have Daisy as a part of our family of birds. we also have two parrotlets. Ok, my concerns are this, I did alot of research before deciding to get a green cheek, read almost everything I could, pros/cons. Everything.I'm just a little worried because when I went to pick her up, her tail feathers had been chewed on by her clutch mates, she was the smallest. And she acts like she's terrified of water. She drank from a spoon when I gave it to her, but I put a washrag in the bathroom sink, ran some shallow, warmish water and gently lowered her into it and she acted like I was doing something mean to her. Scrambling to get out, so I got her out. She didn't even know how to shake the water off of her feathers. She's sitting on my shoulder right now, she's gently nibbled my ear and neck..just gently. Her clutch mates were heavy biters. She's four and a half months old, and I don't believe she was ever taken out of the cage she was put in after she was weaned. They had her on pellets, but I bought her conure/cockatiel food, and some treats. Is she overwhelmed? Will she become playful and curious. Because right now, she just seems like she's in shock a bit. She is so gentle and so sweet and only mouths anything she's investigating..can anyone help me out?

Thankyou,
Tracie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]