[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Can I paint Zoey's home made toys ?

Posted by on December 07, 2011 at 00:20:11:

In Reply to: Re: Can I paint Zoey's home made toys ? posted by Deborah on December 06, 2011 at 21:43:55:

: There are a number of sources for bird-safe food colorants, including some in marker form. I wouldn't hesitate to use those to color wood for toys. However, I share some of Weena's Mom's concern about the wood itself -- unless you are sure it was not pressure treated and from a safe wood source it may not be worth the risk.

: YOu have to be careful with all sorts of things when you DIY stuff for birds -- the wood, colorant, glues, even metals need to be scrutinized somewhat. PVC is safe but needs to be "aged" if it is freshly cut. Birds are just awfully vulnerable to environmental hazards. Stainless steel and aluminum are usually safe metals, and I'd avoid glues altogether personally. On the other hand, if you search around, there are lots of sources for DIY bird safe materials around on the web.

Yeah, you guys are right. Why risk it ? I'll toss the wooden crib thing. He would have loved it, but I'll start from scratch. It's not worth the chance. Thanks.
Anyone got allergy advice ? I'm allergic to the little guy. I'm keeping him. He's mine. But, I need something for my itching ? I'm breaking out, my head itches, my lips (kisses) have bumps. Zoey has no bugs, neither do I. I hope i build up an immunity to this like I did with my dog.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]