[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Zoey comments

Posted by Karen on November 27, 2011 at 01:36:34:

In Reply to: Re: Zoey comments posted by Terri on November 26, 2011 at 13:05:40:

Allergies to birds are rare, but possible. Or it may be something that he's in contact with that you are allergic to (like if you use cedar shavings or walnut shells for cage litter).
Do not force him to bathe... that may make him afraid of water and hurt your relationship. However, there's no harm in offering him a nice big dish to bathe in and splashing your hand in there a bit to get his attention. If he doesn't want to bathe, you could try using a misting bottle... don't mist him directly but aim the mist above him so it rains down gently. Some birds don't like this but many do not mind so a very light misting can help on days when he doesn't choose to bathe.

Also, keep him warm while he dries. My GCC gets herself so drenched when she bathes that she can't fly and relies on me to put her somewhere to dry off. She will lean toward where she wants me to put her, which is nearly always under or next to a lamp, even when the house is warm. I think she likes to go somewhere warm just so she dries quicker.. after all a wet bird doesn't fly well and is vulnerable to predators.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]