[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Broken femur

Posted by on November 17, 2011 at 12:42:09:

In Reply to: Broken femur posted by Frankie & Rainbow on November 14, 2011 at 19:52:38:

Thanks Guys for all you Support, Prayers, Concerns and Suggestions,,,,,,

Rainbow has a strong will to Live/survive.. I'm having more of a problems dealing with his injury than he is ;-). He uses his beak more to pull himself around because of the leg injury. To keep him from further injury I'm keeping him in his carrior,, he won't stay still always on the go. Vets follow up visit went well. Dr. says he does have feeling in his teleon because of the break the nerves are pinched and swollen causing temporary paralysis and with time and care he should recover fully....Making improvement one day at a time....

Thanks again,,,,

Frankie & Rainbow

: Hey Guys,,,

: It's been a while Rainbow has become a regular member of the family, demanding all the attention and bringing joy to all that enter our home. Last thursday I had Rainbow out of his cage and my wife stepped on him breaking his left femur... I rushed him to the vet and X-rays confirmed the break.. The vet reset and splented his femur kept him over night for observation. Vet advised that it will take 4-6 wk's to heal I have a follow up visit with the vet this thurs. I've spent three yrs watching over protecting and caring for him to avoid this kind of mishap.. I'm truly hurt and sadden by his injury.. I hurt watching him struggle to do things that he did naturally eat, groom and hop around and just being himself..he doesn't seen to have any feeling in his teleon kinda drags it along I'm praying that he heals without any perminate disability.. He's taking it alot better than I am hasn't stop try's to do everything like nothing has happened to him..Anyone have to deal with this kind of injury that can tell me what the future holds for Rainbow....

: Truly Heart Broken,,,,,

: Frankie & Rainbow

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]