[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: snake skin

Posted by on November 16, 2011 at 13:23:28:

In Reply to: Re: snake skin posted by brydon on November 16, 2011 at 06:04:16:

I'm assuming your pets are entirely indoors. Some plants/trees are poisonous so I wouldn't use them. Eucalypt could very well be. I'm in America & the only tree branches I personally know of to be non-poisonous are maple, apple & pine, and even then I sterilize them in the oven first to kill any bugs or eggs in them. With any outdoor plant you're taking the risk of introducing mites (bugs), bacteria, mold, etc. which can kill your bird. Outdoor birds are often infested with blood-sucking mites. I wouldn't let my bird eat any outdoor insect because of the risk of bacteria, mold, parasites, etc. Infections such as these are hard to treat in indoor pets, plus would make them miserable. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.




Follow Ups:



Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]