[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Tonneau

Posted by on Wed, Apr 19 2017 at 05:33 AM CDT:

Hi all

I have started belatedly getting the Electron going, due to illnesses. A Hall effect points replacement to go in with the Lucas Coil.

The car currently has no weather equipment at all. I wondered if anyone in the club fold was offering a Tonneau kit? It does not look the easiest of layouts with the speedo sticking up, but I prefer driving under a Tonneau, if its feasible. It also means no need of a full soft top or side screens.

I also looked around for some Auster screens to ge with a tonneau. It seems we have to call them wind deflectors now. There are Morgan types at 45 on eBay, but they look suspiciously like the ones that disintegrated on my MGA the second time out, and finding out how fast it went (fast enough to break the wind deflector mounting, made of case hardened cottage cheese). I fear an Asian origin might be behind this unimpressive part. A check of quality will need to be made.

I was also somewhat taken aback at the lack of freely available door and bonnet hinges. The door hinges on NX are a single stud to the body, and really insufficient for regular use. I have some proper looking old ones, but they are being held back for the other car, along with the complete door lock mechs I found in my bits and bobs. boxes. Looks like I need to do a few Autojumbles.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]