[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

With all the family feuds this year, I decided...

Posted by me ranting on a board of little traffic on April 10, 2007 at 08:23:33:

to have Easter with just my family, my sons, their girlfriends, DIL, and grandkids. It made my holy day much more pleasant for myself and my family.

Now, I'm the b--ch of the extended family because I didn't have my sisters, brothers and their kids over for a huge family feast that is always on my sholders when it does happen and at my expense. My own mom doesn't understand that I needed this time with my own family, she's totally po'd at me.

That just goes to show me that if I don't do the big extended family thing every holiday I'm going to spend a lot of time with people being mad at me (even though I totally enjoyed the stress-free day) just because they can't take it upon themselves to have an enjoyable holiday without my doing all of the work and taking care of everything for them. OHHHHHH, the pressure.

I started taking Thanksgiving vacations for the same reason.

I ALWAYS do Christmas, a full day starting with breakfast at 9 a.m. and have things going on all day long for the whole extended family.

But, for this Easter of my own enjoyment and desire to not be stressed, I'm the bad guy. Live is so wonderful!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]