[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: I can't believe this! Our family moved to a new state last year and SM

Posted by Stunned on October 27, 2005 at 10:14:08:

In Reply to: I can't believe this! Our family moved to a new state last year and SM posted by anon this time on March 02, 2005 at 18:22:19:

I am coming in late here but just had to share my thoughts. I am in Florida and as far as I know that is no longer happening here (I am going to make sure now, though!). It did when I was a child, but my parents signed the no-paddling forms.

My take on it is, maybe sometimes paddling is called for (though when I actually picture it, I can't imagine for what!). BUT..... I am not putting that decision in the hands of people hired by the state, not even chosen by me! Not to mention, in this day and age, you have to teach your children so young (mine is 7) that their bodies belong to themselves and nobody should be touching them unless it is welcome. The use of a paddle does not make it okay! How confusing for the children! Will they then think that school authorities are except from that? God forbid! A 14-year-old, I assume, will know the difference, but also stands to lose more dignity. I wouldn't even SPANK a teenager!

Done venting now but still disgusted. Keep it up, Mom, I think you're on the right track!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]