[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Update and thanks... sm

Posted by eH on October 11, 2005 at 13:59:46:

In Reply to: Sorry I didn't read this until now. So sorry. Have you seen the baby since? sm posted by renee on September 15, 2005 at 22:04:09:

Relationship had not really been strained before, not this much. Over the last two months when she calls I just hand the phone to DH. He didn't deal with her half as much as I did, so he doesn't quite understand me and is getting upset because I'm being just civil.

So DH and DD started e-mailing each other. DD, SIL, and new baby are coming to visit soon. She started talking nonsense about staying in a hotel and was about to break her father's heart, so I sent off an e-mail telling them specifically how her old room has already been prepared - including space for the baby - and how much the whole rest of the family is so excited, how much love and support is waiting for them from a large extended family. There are boxes and boxes of gifts and goodies waiting here for the baby and for them. Again, she should know all of this because we even had an absentee wedding shower and shipped a ton of really nice gifts in Aug '04. (Then she messed up the thank you notes for those, so they lost a little grace over that...)

Funny thing is that maybe my reaction to their disregard finally opened some eyes. I've had phone calls from my mother, MIL, and SIL that she actually sent them notes and pictures, but my heart is still numb. It's going to take a lot of time for any trust to be reestablished.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]