[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Hurt and Angry now... sm

Posted by eH on August 17, 2005 at 07:21:50:

In Reply to: happy - but losing patience posted by eH on August 15, 2005 at 07:27:56:

I think I'm done with my daughter. The bottom line is excuses. Then to find out the baby pictures were already posted for the whole world to see before we did! I could still scream and have cried and cried.

How could my own firstborn have such little consideration for us? We have been there for her all along so far. I've had many, many LD telephone calls from her since the very beginning, right up to the minute when her water broke and when they arrived at the hospital. He could have called if they didn't remember our e-mail.

I've had it with them. Nine months of mixed anxiety and happy anticipation - I've been shipping them baby things the whole time. I even bought cute stamps and birth announcements. I re-covered the bassinet in her choice of fabric and shipped that, too, and hand-made an afghan - a miniature match to the king-sized one I made for their wedding. I bought stuff and personalized it for "grandpa" to hand out at work to celebrate our first grandchild... We sent gift cards and cash to help out.

Yes, there was some resentment toward my hubby that we couldn't afford for me to be there because of his ongoing special project. It would have been hard to take off from here anyway.

I feel like I set myself up for devastation because I cared too much. Am I reacting to being a new grandma? Is it jealousy? Is it frustration for being separated by 9000 miles?

Thanks for listening...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]