[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

My kids are being ignored by my parents. Looking for advice sm

Posted by Sorry, long post on May 25, 2005 at 21:20:29:

I have two sisters, two very needy sisters. Both are grown women but through poor choices have fallen on hard times. They are using our parents (my parents are divorced) to help them financially, emotionally, etc. One sister and her two kids are actually living with my dad who is 61 yso - and he seems to be baby sitting the two kids almost daily while my sister is "job hunting" or shopping, etc. She has been looking for a job for 8 months!! She has had offers, but refuses the job if the pay is not high enough. The other sister has her own apartment but bounces from job to job with long bouts in between of being unemployed. Guess who pays her rent, utilities, etc? Guess who babysits for her? You betcha - my parents. I am glad my parents are available to help my sisters in their time of need. However, my children are being almost completely ignored by my parents. They tell me they are just so busy with my sisters and their children and their life dramas, they have not had time to call, visit, etc. My dad has not seen my kids in TWO years. My kids ask about their grandparents but I am running out of excuses as to why they do not call or visit. I know I cannot force my parents to call or visit. Should I just tell my kids the truth - they don't have time for us. I feel like so much time is going by that my kids are not going to know who my parents are if they ever do show up on my doorstep. Any suggestions as to how to handle this? TIA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]