[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I agree with your husband. Peace in the family would be more worth it to you

Posted by in the long run. nm on March 04, 2005 at 10:23:16:

In Reply to: Question for quilts as momentos.... posted by Slinky on March 04, 2005 at 08:12:32:

: Six years ago I made a quilt for my in-laws 50th anniversary. The center block had their 50th anniversary picture, date married and the current year wrote in paint. The kids' names with their spouse was in their own block and the grand kids had their own blocks with their handprints and their names. It's a king size quilt all hand sewn, outside of the painted blocks.

: At the time of the anniversary, there was one son not married and one daughter that was pregnant. I did leave one block without a handprint and instead quilted a teddy bear in the block.

: I've learned today that the daughter wants her 5-year-old son put his handprint in his block and wants me to write his name on the square and also add the name of the SIL that recently married.

: What do I do? She has talked to her mother (my MIL) and she is all for it too. I really don't want to do it as it changes the history of the moment it was made. My husband has the opinion to leave it alone, but he also wants to keep peace in the family and thinks perhaps I should do it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]