[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Update: SM

Posted by OP on March 03, 2005 at 17:20:41:

In Reply to: I can't believe this! Our family moved to a new state last year and SM posted by anon this time on March 02, 2005 at 18:22:19:

I went ahead and went to her school today to speak with the principal directly. He was friendly enough but basically said that the rules are that they do not have to contact the parents unless the parents have filled out a no-corporal punishment policy on their child (which I didn't even know existed until this morning).

I told him how disappointed I am in the school that I trusted actually hitting my daughter. He said in this state parents generally agree with paddlings and he rarely has a complaint from a parent. Also he said that my daughter actually chose a paddling over ISS (in school suspension) for two days. He said a lot of kids do because it's quicker and they don't have to spend two full days in the counseling center.

I still cannot believe they are paddling children in the schools. It seems so barbaric! I'm torn as to whether I should go any further with this. I signed the no-corporal punishment form in the office today, so at least I know that's not going to happen again. Can you believe the principal says he's only had a handful of parents ever sign those forms? I just can't believe that many parents let this go on, unless of course they don't know it's going on.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]