[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Book on raising teenagers/middle schools. sm

Posted by Patty A. on February 24, 2005 at 08:02:10:

Hey friends,

This book is saving my sanity. My son is in 8th grade, and this book is really helping me.

"Yes, your teen is crazy" by Michael J. Bradley.

It came out in 2002. It was recommended to us in 2003, but he was only a 6th grader at the time, and when I read snatches of the book back then, it was not as applicable as it is now.

Two weeks ago I picked it up again, and goodness is it helping me a ton!

The author counsels kids and he is basically saying all teenagers are temporarily "crazy" and that we parents need training to deal with them. He gives lots and lots of great advice.

Hope this helps somebody. I know I am much more effective with our son, now that I have resumed the "parenting job" and given up the obsession with being worried to death about whether or not he is normal (he is) or whether or not he needs professional help (he doesn't; he's normal; I was just very "lost" on how to "relate" to him).

It's a great book, costs about two "co-pays" to the counselor, and you don't even need to leave home.

Most books I ask my husband to read certain sections or good parts. This one we are both reading, cover to cover.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]