[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Backwoods Mama, got an idea for you..

Posted by SM on July 28, 2004 at 00:46:44:

Have you seen the yellow ribbons magnetic (and stickers) for vehicles they have out now? Got one for $3 from the Army Surplus Store (the magnetic one) and I put DS's name at the top of the arch of the ribbon. Down one side of the ribbons are the words "Support Our Troops". So many cars around here have them that they must sell them at Wal-Mart or somewhere because the surplus store is really small and out of the way and doesn't get a lot of business, lol. Just happened to have been in there getting DS #2 some stuff.

Anyway, just a thought for you if you can find them. A way to personalize your message (actually I figured there was a slightly lesser chance of someone stealing mine since they have names on them, lol).

Actually I have 3 on the tailgate of my truck. One for DS and the other ones for nephews who are overseas at this time also.

Also an idea you son might like is a set of the military dogtags with his name on them. DS #2 has a set of them and also has 1 tag from his brother's and cousins each (for a total of 4 tags). He thinks they are the coolest things. I had his personal ID tag made at the Army Surplus Store for about $4 one Christmas and he has added the others. Just an idea to help the boys feel closer to their dad while he is away if you know what I mean. You could have 1 tag made with the child's name and address and 1 made just like dad's.

Hope you guys are doing well.

:) Cat

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]