[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

from what I see on this board liberals are one group to many

Posted by sm on Sat, Jun 25 2022 at 06:38 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Why would you think the comment was aimed at all liberals, especially you. posted by It was aimed at the "raging" liberals sm on Sat, Jun 25 2022 at 08:35 AM CDT:

Actually it seems both sides act like the other side is totally wrong. OP may have truly meant to comment only on radical liberals, but it seemed likely to me that she considers all liberals as radical.

I come here once in a while hoping to get the thoughts of others, to learn or at least understand. Unfortunately there is often a comment, sometimes leading or rude, and the rest of the thread is just name calling.

I have a lot of friends who are radical on one side or the other about many subjects. If I heard what they say without knowing them I wouldn't like it, probably would not listen. But I have gotten to know them and value their opinion, or at least respect it.

Telling a bit of my story might get someone to know me a bit better and thus they might be willing to listen to some of my liberal thoughts.

Since I don't come here very often I certainly did not think she was talking to me personally, just her raging against what she called raging liberals, grouping them into the "mindset" and lifestyle she thinks we all have.

I said it before and it is still true: This board is not about discussion. I don't know why I bother.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]