[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Lots of diseases go around amongst kids. It's how they build an immune

Posted by system. Covid is a cold for kids and it's bad to sanitize their world on Thu, Oct 07 2021 at 10:01 PM CDT:

In Reply to: mask stats from Arizona (sm) posted by Pam on Tue, Oct 05 2021 at 01:30 PM CDT:

: This is from a local newspaper. It is by subscription, so you could not open a link if I posted one.

: "Pima County Health co-authored a new study published Friday which shows the odds of a school-related COVID-19 outbreak are 3.5 times more likely in schools without mask mandates than in schools which had a mandate at the start of the school year. ... Maricopa County Public Health, Arizona State University and the CDC partnered with Pima County on the study. It pulled data from 999 K-12 schools in Maricopa and Pima County from July 15 to Aug. 31 of this year."

: Since vaccines are not approved for little ones the masks are their only protection. I do believe that masks work. And I do believe that children can wear them without issue.

: I live one street from a grade school and a junior high. Kids walk up and down our street to get to school. On the way home I see a lot of kids wearing their masks, which tells me they are so comfortable in them that they didn't think to take them off when they got outside, and off school property.

: I also see kids at the local stores. Although some are not wearing them properly, I don't see them fidgiting with them much. I've seen more kids taking off their shoes than their masks! It appears to me that masks are just like other clothes - we don't like them much to start with but we get used to them.

: So, from this study, it does not appear to be true that kids get Covid at home only. If this was true then there should not be a difference in masking or not masking at school. Although it occurs to me that where they live might be a part of this. If a school has a mask mandate it is likely that the neighborhood is pro-mask, so likely that parents are also masking and less likely to bring Covid home to kids.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]