[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I sell TPW and, yes, even if the product goes to the home of the hostess-sm

Posted by Vicki on Fri, Feb 07 2014 at 11:05 PM CST:

In Reply to: Pyramid does not come to my mind when I am sm posted by on Fri, Feb 07 2014 at 09:18 PM CST:

you still pay the shipping. A long time ago we had distributorships all around the US (in many cities; my distributorship was within five minutes of my home). I would go pick up all the TPW and deliver it, either to the customers or to the hostess (if a party-it all went to the hostess for distribution). Shipping costs started increasing and TPW couldn't absorb them all-so, they added a $2.00 handling charge. Eventually, the did away with almost all of their distributorships (there are still a few, but very few, and those are because a distributor chooses to pay to rent space and house a great deal of TPW herself/himself). ALMOST EVERYONE else gets their TPW directly from the factory (in Hemingway, SC). The shipping costs are now paid by the customer (no separately handling charge-just shipping charge)(no matter whether the TPW goes to the consultant/dealer for distribution, to the hostess for distribution, OR to the purchaser's home-the customer still pays for shipping). IF it goes directly to the purchaser (and that purchaser has bought at an in-home party, then the shipping cost is higher...as that order is pulled from the total party orders and shipped by itself to the customer--thus, incurring an additional shipping charge over and above regular shipping charges). I'll tell you--shipping stuff/anything is pretty darned pricey. I don't know how companies do it (when they offer free shipping). There's no way I could pay for my customers' shipping charges, myself, out of what I make with my Tupperware business.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]