[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Pressure cookers - are they useful?/worth it?
Posted by SM on Tue, Aug 09 2022 at 05:52 PM CDT:
Hi all. I've never had a pressure cooker (only crock pots which I have kept shelved since I've discovered meat comes out MUCH more tender in my ceramic cast iron Dutch ovens).
Anyone have a pressure cooker? What do you fix in it? Any specific brand I should look at? (i.e. InstaPot? Crock Pot?)
Also, according to what I'm reading about wattage, I would only be able to get a 3-qt cooker since my kitchen counters can only handle 700-900 W. This is for only 2 people but 3 qt still seems small.
Opinions welcome! Thanks!
- go to rootitoot.com, and on facebook look for the rootitoot group I have used a lot of her recipes, and they're all great. Wed, Aug 17 2022 at 05:02 PM CDT
- If you're on Facebook, check out the Instant Pot 101 for Beginners group. Chock full of helpful tips, recipes, etc. AK Thu, Aug 11 2022 at 09:50 AM CDT
- Thanks all for the tips! Great ideas here. nm OP Thu, Aug 11 2022 at 08:19 AM CDT
- we make tacos and spaghetti/meat sauce all the time. The way we do it is brown and cook the ground beef, sm Wed, Aug 10 2022 at 03:58 PM CDT
- I use my pressure cooker for lots of things, especially if I want it cooked fast. love my pressure cooker Wed, Aug 10 2022 at 11:45 AM CDT
- Re: Pressure cookers - are they useful?/worth it? Chelle Wed, Aug 10 2022 at 08:52 AM CDT
Post a Followup