[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Has this become common place now? Your colonosc. driver
Posted by must sit in the waiting room during ... sm on Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 12:30 PM CDT:
the entire procedure?
At my last colonoscopy, I took a cab to the facility, had the procedure, and called the person who was going to take me home after the procedure. She was able to be at work while I had my procedure.
Aw, man! Has it changed? Thanks.
- way late to the party ... PAM Fri, Aug 05 2022 at 12:50 AM CDT
- I've never known it not to the policy around here. Too many people sneaking out and trying to drive home under anesthesia. nm Thu, Jul 28 2022 at 04:30 PM CDT
- Yes this was normal in my area 15 years ago when my mother had colonoscopy. sm yes Mon, Jul 25 2022 at 06:26 PM CDT
- Our GI has required it for years. Then with COVID, we had to sit out in the car for 3 hours SM Mon, Jul 25 2022 at 02:34 PM CDT
- Give some consideration to whether noninvasive testing would be appropriate for you. GI docs often discourage it because colonosocpy is their cash cow. sm Mon, Jul 25 2022 at 07:15 AM CDT
- What's their rationale? nm Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 10:47 PM CDT
- Well, that's a great policy to ensure many more people don't schedule a colonoscopy, isn't it? nm Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 05:27 PM CDT
- I have heard of it becoming more commonplace. nm Talon Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 01:35 PM CDT
Post a Followup