[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Colonoscopy anesthesia cost questions.
Posted by sm on Mon, Jul 18 2022 at 10:57 PM CDT:
I'm doing my due diligence with regard to colonoscopy costs. Sure would appreciate input from some of the older folks on the board.
Those of you on Traditional Medicare/Medigap or Medicare HMOs or PPOs (not military Medicare):
Did your insurance pay for the anesthesia used during your screening colonoscopy or were you billed $300, $500, or $1000, etc., for the service?
In my area, as I do my research, I've come across complaints about $2000 and $3000 bills for anesthesia because the anesthetist was not in network. Oh dear!
Thanks in advance.
- I have traditional Medicare with an AARP Plan G supplement. I pay no copays and everything is covered by supplement SM Fri, Jul 22 2022 at 08:24 PM CDT
- Thanks for sharing your experience. I didn't know if people would understand what I meant by "Medicare assignment," so I used the ... sm Sat, Jul 23 2022 at 11:16 PM CDT
- I wonder what Aetna PPO plan she has. That seems so expensive. Maybe it's Plan K or L. sm Mon, Jul 25 2022 at 11:38 PM CDT
- The gal has a Medicare Aetna PPO policy. Medigap Plans, if you choose to get one, Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N, only go with Original ... sm Tue, Jul 26 2022 at 01:04 PM CDT
- How much does a Plan G cost, if you don't mind me asking. nm Sat, Jul 23 2022 at 07:20 PM CDT
- I have Blue Medicare HMO and it covered everything (procedure+anesth) but (sm) Tue, Jul 19 2022 at 09:31 AM CDT
- Ooops! Sorry folks, but please, please don't answer my above question. I will ask Mods to remove both of my colscopy. posts. nm Original OP. Tue, Jul 19 2022 at 09:22 AM CDT
- Your best way to find answers about this is to call Medicare. nm Tue, Jul 19 2022 at 09:21 AM CDT
Post a Followup