[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

We already did a HELOC about 4-5 yrs back and paid off

Posted by a lot of debt plus reduced the mtg interest. SM on Wed, May 25 2022 at 02:16 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Could you get a home equity line of credit? sm posted by Idea on Mon, May 23 2022 at 12:17 PM CDT:

It was a good move, but we still have the mortgage and the property taxes (which are figured into our mtg payment) have been rising with the inflated home values, making the mtg pmt higher. Our home is worth twice what we paid for it and some of our neighbors have sold their homes to take advantage of that but they are moving into assisted living or smaller places or going to live with their children. We are not in a position to go down that small and even a smaller home would probably cost just as much.

I regret ever having gotten into the MT industry 30 years ago. By the time it started to fail, when we were all talking about getting out, I was already pushing 60 and the young interviewers didn't want an old woman in the place I suppose. I was simply told I was over-qualified. Now I'm too handicapped to work on the outside even if someone wanted to give an old lady a break. :(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]