[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Medicare Part B monthly premium rose to $170.10 this year so you're.

Posted by only paying about $130 for supplement & Rx plans. SM on Tue, Dec 28 2021 at 09:00 AM CST:

In Reply to: Does it sound about right that my Medicare deduction, supplemental and RX plan would cost posted by approximately $300? SM on Mon, Dec 27 2021 at 10:27 AM CST:

That's a pretty good deal as long as you don't have large out-of-pocket expenses (office visits, drugs costs, etc.).

I pay Part B monthly $170.10, Plan G supplement $162 (I have to cover Part B deductible, no office visit costs, everything else covered), and $63 for Drug plan where my drugs are $0 out of pocket). So my total is about $400 a month.

Part B comes directly from my SS check. Plan G & Rx plan are monthly deductions from checking acct.

Anyone on Plan F supplement will have rising premiums because it was discontinued in 2019, and no new enrollees are paying into the pot. The less people in the plan, the higher the costs.

Plan G provides everything Plan F had except we have to pay the Part B deductible. Keep an eye on future Congress writing any new Medicare laws where they'll discontinue Plan G to rein in costs, and then our premiums will skyrocket too and we'll be forced to move to plan N or something else.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]