[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I've had several colx over the years. Precancerous polyps

Posted by and pretty much the same prep SM on Tue, Oct 05 2021 at 03:22 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Are you of average risk for colon CA? Maybe ask your doc about Cologuard posted by orr the poop in a box test. Mine's totally paid by insurance and pretty do-able. on Tue, Oct 05 2021 at 12:56 PM CDT:

The prep instructions say to start the prep at 4 p.m. but that's too late. I like to sleep the night before the procedure. lol Here's my drill: The day before the procedure I start drinking it at 10 a.m. and finish it at 2 p.m. You start going 2 hours into it (around noon) and usually finish by 4 pm, 2 hrs after finishing the gallon jug. I've heard several people say they started the prep later in the day and were up all night. So, I am confident with my schedule and have always been told I did a good job with the prep. What I don't understand is why this doc is adding 3 caps of MiraLAX 6 hrs after finishing the entire prep. (Maybe people are not finishing the big jug and he's doing this as a backup for those who don't.)

The other thing the Internet and the package instructions do not tell you is that you become fluid overloaded with these preps and your electrolytes go out of whack and you can feel lightheaded and go into tachycardia (BTDT despite supplemental lytes/potassium drinks like apple juice and Gatorade recommended by the pharmacy).

I will run all this by the Pharm D when I pick up the Rx. I think he's over-prescribing the lax. I don't want my heart rate going back up to 170s! whew!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]