[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

My neighbor and I had a discussion about this recently. It sees -

Posted by Dixiedew on Thu, Sep 23 2021 at 08:38 AM CDT:

In Reply to: They're punching too many buttons (or not enough) posted by in the EMR. The New America - nobody gets anything right anymore. nm on Fri, Sep 17 2021 at 12:54 PM CDT:

: :to me that no matter what you do or how metaculous one is, it takes at least 2+ hours of our own time and from 4-6 phone calls to get a job done correctly these days. In regard to the prescription for potassium, I would simply call the drug store and explain that my medical provider had notified me to not take the potassium until after my next appointment with her and ask them to put it back on the shelf. I would just pick up some OTC potassium and take it 2-3 times a week.

I know that when I was had my kidney removed they did blood work on Wednesday. I was admitted to surgery on Friday. I was in the surgical suite, IV in place, ready to be wheeled to the surgery and the anesthesiologist came in and said, "You can go have breakfast." It seems that my potassium level was extremely low and they were afraid to do surgery. Was a bummer for sure because it meant that I would have to psych myself up for it all over again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]